Recreation Club Membership Criteria
The aim of the RECREATION CLUB Program is to offer social /leisure opportunities for adolescents with an intellectual disability who have low support needs.
You must meet Primary Funding Criteria
– Be 14-18 years of age
– Live in the Shoalhaven local government area
– Have an Intellectual disability eligible for the disability support pension or carers support pension
– Live with your family in the community (not live in a group homes or supported accommodation situations where paid staff offer care)
– Have a social support need
Secondary Care Criteria
– Be willing to participate in a social support program
– Be independent in arranging your own transport to nominated outing pick up and return points
Not require 1:1 support in the following areas
– personal care/toileting
– road safely
– behaviour supervision/support
– not to wander and stay with the group
– to look after your own belongings
This program has limited resources available to provide staff/volunteers to assist on outings. A priority is given to those who meet funding and care criteria.
If you have difficulties with some of the above, but you still want to be involved you may still be able to participate but will need to provide your own support person.
Download the information / criteria PDF file on the right of this page.